Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Home Care for Maine's RFP Appeal Hearing

Today was Home Care for Maine's appeal hearing on the Homemaker Services contract that was awarded to Catholic Charities of Maine. The morning started off by hearing testimony from Mollie Baldwin, Home Care for Maine's CEO. She was crossed examined by the State and by Catholic Charities attorneys. After a recess for lunch, Vicki Mihalik, HCM's program director, provided testimony on behalf of Home Care for Maine. She was also cross examined by the State and Catholic Charities attorneys. The State presented its testimony and that took the remainder of the afternoon as it's witnesses were cross examined by Home Care for Maine's and Catholic Charities. Catholic Charities did not present its case as the session ran out of time. They will at a following session continuing the RFP hearing in November. Sometime during the week of November 17th will be the next hearing with Catholic Charities presenting its case. As soon as I know the date and time, I'll post it. I found this to be a very interesting day. I learned a lot about this RFP process that our agency goes through when it puts a proposal out to be a service provider. This particular RFP was with the Office of Elder Services. On another note, Mollie did tell me that we workers will get our quarterly stipend, even with the reduction in hours we've recently gone through with our homemaking cases. That's some good news I'm happy to pass along. As soon as I get the date for the next RFP hearing, I'll post it.

No comments: